Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Upside of Illness

So, not only did I not gain 10 pounds on my trip, when I weighed in this morning, I saw a zero after the 1and 6. something I'd never seen before. 160. One more pound until I'm finally, at long last, into my goal range of 150s. Awesome! I guess there was a silver lining in being sick for the past 4 or 5 days. It certainly wasn't from exercise, as I have been lying around waiting for a mucous-y death. Maybe the body burns more calories fighting viruses? Probably not, but I'll take it!
I'm continuing the hard exercise hiatus through the weekend until the congestion clears up more. Maybe a walk tomorrow. In the meantime I'll be slaving away for work. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. way to see the half cup full, rest is a good thing. Hope you are able to get back to working out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're being smart to rest up. Feel better quickly.

    ReplyDelete