Saturday, February 13, 2010

New Record

Right before I set out on my long run this morning, I realized I was looking at the wrong week of the training program...What I thought was supposed to be a 9 mile run was really only scheduled for 6. But, it was a great morning to be out running, and when I was getting close to the 6 mile mark, I decided to go for 9 anyway. Especially since I won't have the opportunity to run outside again until next weekend. At 9 miles, I thought, I've done 9 before...I'd really like to reach a new goal this morning. So, I kept going for another mile...
I just ran 10.17 miles in 1:51:33. Not super fast, but my splits were around 10:30 to 11:00.
And, I found another edge...Last week I mentioned that around 4 miles into a run, my legs start to wake up. Around mile 9, they get a second wind. Good to know! I'm fully confident that my half, which is now 1 month and 25 days away will be within easy reach. Woo! What a way to start the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you made the most of being outdoors and had a great run. Way to push yourself 10 miles that's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you will do great on your half!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job!!!! i'm hoping to do 10 next weekend, hopefully my legs will get their second wind at 9 when i try 10 next weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like your engineered for longer distances. I often find that it takes me a while to get into it and the longer I go the longer I think I can go.

    I left you a bloggy award today.

    ReplyDelete