Friday, January 8, 2010

Props from the Doc

It was physical time again. That was where I got my reality check last year at this time to shape up or beware the health consequences. I used to dread going to the doctor and having to weigh and hear the "you really need to keep an eye on your weight" speech. It was so much more relaxing today. I used to wear the lightest clothing I could find so as not to add any embarrassing pounds on the scale. Today (in part b/c of the below zero temps), I wore jeans, a huge sweater, and boots and didn't sweat the couple of pounds difference from my bathroom scale. Because, let's face it, it's been a lot worse!

I won't know my cholesterol numbers for a couple of weeks, but my weight was significantly down on my chart, of course, and my blood pressure was a healthy 110/60. My doctor told me she was "thrilled" at my commitment to get healthy and active (and wished me luck in the half-marathon in April...apparently she'll be running too!). All I know is going to the doctor has gone from being a stressful, shame-filled experience to just another errand. I hope to keep it that way!

1 comment:

  1. That is so awesome! I usually have my yearly check up in December and I can't wait until I can see the difference in weight (i know its a while, but hey). Great job!

    ReplyDelete