Thursday, August 27, 2009

Logging the Time

A blog I recently discovered, Running Through Life follows someone who started running as part of a healthy lifestyle change, like me. I noticed just below the banner of her blog that she's counting down 1,000 miles run. I am intrigued! Granted, she runs half marathons and I run 5ks (maybe 10ks), but I still like the idea of keeping track of how far I run. I might just start doing that. I'm goal oriented...something about writing stuff down makes me do it better. For example, I use an old-school day planner to put X's on the days I work out...at the end of the month, I figure out what percentage of the time I worked out, and at the end of the year I do the overall figure for the year. When I started watching my calorie intake, I started keeping a food diary on my iPhone. I've recorded every morsel I've put in my mouth for about six months now. So, maybe keeping track of how far I run will inspire me to go farther and faster.

Off to find a counter to post on my blog!

2 comments:

  1. I think that is a really cool idea. I think I'll start doing it, too. Of course, with my measly 2 mile runs it might take me a while, but hey - motivation to keep doing it, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for blogging about me! I am very honored and am blushing over here in California!!! Just a quick note: If I can try for 1000 miles, so can you!!! I didn't start running until March of 2007. Really, I never ran before that. I started running intervals (run x minutes, walk x minutes) and worked my way to a 5K, then a 10K, and then to half marathons by October 2007. So, bottom line, you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete