Monday, August 4, 2008

The Value of Girl Talk

Over the weekend, I got to catch up with one of my best girls one-on-one. Hot Mommy, as I like to call her, and I decided spur of the moment to meet at her house for a pizza & movie night. The movie part never happened...we got caught up in "girl talk." The next thing we knew it was almost midnight and we'd covered everything from relationships to politics to religion to friendships to careers to self-knowledge and back again.

I've known the Hot Mommy since she was a 19 year old non-mommy and we were both lowly hostesses at TGIFridays. We've been famous for our nearly life-changing convos ever since. Maybe it's because we're coming from similar life experiences. Maybe it's because we've been there to see each other's essential transformation into the people we are today. Whatever the reason, I leave those intensive conversations enjoying the emotional recharge that comes from spilling your guts and knowing that the other person totally got it.

By the end of the night, a theme had emerged. We've known each other a long time. Life has developed in ways we could never have expected. But the beauty of change is its power to transform us if we let it.

1 comment:

  1. Chills....I love what we have become that only time was able to bring us.

    ReplyDelete