Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Just When I Thought I Was the Only One

I don't think I've ever mentioned it here...my great aversion to the shoe fashion travesty that is Crocs. I'm not talking about their kinda comfortable-looking flip flops. You know exactly the ones I mean...those horrible plastic/foam clogs. When were clogs ever a positive fashion statement anyway? I can't explain the reasoning behind my visceral reaction to them, but really, when I see people walking around in them, I kind of want to trip them, which would be easy enough to do in said footwear....

Today, however, I discovered that someone else hates Crocs as much (if not more) as I do! This Newsweek article is quick, funny read worth your five minutes. As much as I would like to reiterate how much I hate them now, the author did such a good job, there's really nothing left to say. I immediately checked out the website the author mentioned, I Hate Crocs Dot.com. While there are probably more worthwhile things to rail against in this world, I have to admire the dedication of this particular blogger to their cause of choice. What was funnier when I did the Google search for the I Hate Crocs site was the other blogs I found defending the wearing o' the Crocs with classics such as "Don't knock 'em 'til you've tried 'em." Got to love the blog-o-sphere.

My question is when are we going to take on the Ugg/shearling boot fad that just won't die??? I'm game when you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment