Thursday, November 29, 2007

Inside the Blogger's Studio

I was listening to James Lipton on Diane Rehm this morning, where he answered the same set of questions he asks his guests on Inside the Actor's Studio. Seemed like a good idea for a blog, so here goes:

1. What is your favorite word? Couture...it brings to mind glamour from a world very different than mine. And Peaches...it just sounds juicy and yummy.

2. What is your least favorite word? C*nt. I know the Vagina Monologues has taught us to embrace the word, but it still sounds negative and harsh to me. Even though, in general, I swear like a sailor, I almost never ever call someone that. I didn't even want to type it.

3. What turns you on (creatively, spiritually, or emotionally)? Stimulating conversation about books, writing, or big ideas with someone who pushes me intellectually.

4. What turns you off? Attitudes of entitlement. I don't care who you are, the world doesn't owe you anything. You aren't too good for anything. You aren't better than anyone else. Also, passive-aggressiveness

5. What is your favorite curse word? I love, love, love the F word. Any word that can be used as almost any part of speech deserves to be used regularly.

6. What sound or noise do you love? My cat's purr when we are curled up napping together. Rain drumming on the roof, especially at night.

7. What sound or noise do you hate? Other people eating crunchy foods. My neighbors loud house music when it keeps me awake, or in the middle of the day for that matter.

8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? As different as they are, if I weren't in the English field, I'd be a fashion designer or a doctor.

9. What profession would you not like to do? I'd be the world's worst psychiatrist.

10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"Come on in...it's nothing like they told you it would be, I promise."

What would you answer? I'd love to hear what everyone else would have to say. Comment!!!

1 comment:

  1. 1. What is your favorite word? poop...very symmetric and funny

    2. What is your least favorite word? hella. people who use it should be shot.

    3. What turns you on (creatively, spiritually, or emotionally)? a button on my buttocks

    4. What turns you off? the same as above

    5. What is your favorite curse word? the c word...because of people like you who hate it so much haha

    6. What sound or noise do you love? running water

    7. What sound or noise do you hate? anything that's not constant when i'm trying to sleep

    8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? i don't have a profession, but i think i'd enjoy being a jeweler/metalsmith

    9. What profession would you not like to do? accountant

    10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
    "sorry about that painful death..."

    ReplyDelete