Thursday, December 3, 2009

Highs & Lows

HIGH:
I had my best run EVER on Thanksgiving morning. I woke up earlier than I intended thanks to my rascally little kitten, so I had time for a long run before heading out to my parents' house. It was a cold morning, but I bundled it up and took off. My original plan was a 6.5 to 7 mile loop from my house to Forest Park and back. Somewhere along Skinker, I thought, what in god's name am I doing?? But, by the time I reached the top of my neighborhood, I felt awesome and decided to take the back way through the neighborhood and take a quick spin through Shaw park. One hour and 35 minutes later I was done running. Could I have gone longer? Maybe, I don't know...I couldn't feel my knees anymore, so possibly. I mapped the course out on MapMyRun's website and was shocked to discover that I'd gone 8.5 miles. My farthest run to date! Makes me feel like 13.1 isn't such a distant goal.

LOW:
The Sunday after Thanksgiving I came down with a wretched cold that's been plaguing me all week. I'm drinking fluids, taking vitamins, and all that good stuff, but my throat has been raw and overall I've just felt crappy. And...I've only worked out once this week. I did my No More Trouble Zones dvd on Tuesday and was WAY more winded than usual during. The other mornings I've slept in. I feel guilty because my eating has been awful since Thanksgiving. I'm like an addict...I really can't have "just a taste" of decadent foods...b/c then I want them ALL the time. Pie, candy, ice cream, meat...you name it, I've been craving it, and since I haven't been feeling good, I've used that as an excuse to comfort myself with junk. Feeling gross and NOT looking forward to weigh in this Friday. I'm sure I've gained a few pounds. And, there's nothing worse than losing weight you already lost once. What a waste of time!

ONE MORE HIGH:
On a positive note...I order a Garmin Forerunner 405 gps/heart rate monitor watch with my birthday money and got an awesome deal on Amazon. It arrived moments ago. I'm about to break open the manual and get this puppy going. Have a feeling I'll be feeling motivated to run in the VERY near future! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment