Monday, March 16, 2009

Working It Out

I've occasionally (perhaps frequently) bitched on here about my weight and the fact that it seems to rise far more easily than it falls. Well, whining no more. I'm going to do something about it. I'm tired of seeing pictures of myself and being disappointed with the way I look.
Conveniently, one of my favorite bloggers, Ashlee of Ash Is Fit and A Year in the Kitchen is hosting a 20 lbs in 20 weeks challenge. She's 20 lbs away from her goal of losing 100 lbs. Her story is incredibly inspirational (seriously, check out her blog!).

I'm actually modifying her challenge for my own purposes...My goal is to lose 1.5 per week, putting me at -30 lbs by the end of the 20 weeks. All in all, I'll be doing my weight loss program for 34 weeks, hopefully putting me somewhere around -50 lbs by the beginning of November. All the better to be looking good for my birthday!

For some reason, I don't feel like this is just a ridiculous idea that I'll get sick of a few days or weeks from now. I feel prepared...Got places to record exercise calorie output and food calorie intake. I have my personal "equation" (no more than 1400 calories in, at least 500 calories out above my regular metabolic rate). I've got support from Ash and the other 60+ people who have signed up. I'm making this my mission for the next 34+ weeks! Wish me luck (or better yet, join in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment